Archive for category web marketing management
You have just got your new website and now you find yourself waiting for the influx of traffic followed by all those new leads or orders.
Unfortunately, a shiny new website is no guarantee of any sort of traffic to your website.
So how do your drive high quality traffic to your website. Read some of our top tips for increasing your website traffic to make the process a little easier for you.
1. Set up Google authorship. Google authorship is up there as one of the top traffic strategies of 2014. Sign up to Google plus with your personal profile and then create rel=author on your own website. This will help your articles gain authority in the search engines.
2. To get immediate targeted traffic to your website consider investing in Google Adwords. This is Google’s advertising platform and is a sure way of bringing in targeted traffic to your site along with increasing sales as a result. Keep your Adwords campaign very focused in order to get the best results.
3. Ensure that you have social media profiles set up for your business. Now, before you rush out and sign up to every social media platform out there. Pick the most suitable platform for your target customers and start with this first. It is better to have one social media platform active and performing well rather than spreading yourself too thin across too many platforms.
4. Content. Writing great content is a must in 2014. Create a guide, an infographic or post from an expert such as a guest post.
a) Do your keyword research and make sure you target relevant search terms.
b) Optimise the post including an image, Meta tags and H1 tags.
Make your activity a habit. Start slowly building your profile and engagement with your target market. Be focused on your target terms and you will start to see results in your rankings within Google. At WebResults we have helped many businesses from SME’s to multinationals implement their digital marketing campaigns successfully. Contact us now to find out how we can help you on 01 2071872 or email email@example.com.
Are you thinking of setting up an ecommerce store for your business or do you already have one that is not delivering to its potential?
Are you wondering how you should set up your ecommerce site so it can maximise every website visitor, every sales opportunity?
Is your site ready to sell, you just don’t have the traffic you should?
1. Use your Facebook profile to share a link or image back to your online store.
But be creative about how you use it. Link to a tweet from a happy customer. It is proven that sharing images on Facebook outperforms any other type of post. Try to add some sort of text overlay to the image which will get people interacting with the image – “Which Spring trends do you prefer” or some question about the images/products.
3. When you’re selling your products try and let the customer visualise themselves with your product. So if you are selling bikes you could have a couple of people cycling on the bikes through a park or if you are selling mirrors you could use a picture of your mirror on a wall in a house surrounded by a warm family atmosphere.
4. Just like all conventional retail stores try placing similar selling items together so that your potential customer can get an overall feel for your product. Try to recommend related products and upsells. Getting your customers to buy additional products is always a plus.
5. Consumer research has shown that over 40% of Facebook users will like or share something in order to get a discount. So try encouraging your current fans to share your special offers or seasonal promotions by running competitions as this will bring back new potential customers to your page. Running time sensitive offers or limits on the amount of a certain product that will be sold at a discounted price can also work to increase shares and sales. Facebook advertising targeting your current group of fans is also the lowest way of advertising on Facebook.
6. Another great way of increasing shares and likes can be running a caption contest. Simply include a post on Facebook and ask people to come up with a caption that best fits the picture. Including a link back to your online store within this post can also increase visits to your website. You could also offer free shipping to your customers with a time sensitive offer as well.
7. Make sure your product descriptions are descriptive and engaging. It is important to write your own descriptions, as this gives Google a reason to index your site and choosing the right keywords can help you get found in Google search.
8. Did you know the most frequent page people exit on ecommerce sites is the checkout? In order to keep your potential customers at this vital stage, make sure you have your checkout process down to a fine art. Have the cheapest shipping option at default, make it easy for returning customers to sign in, and be honest about shipping costs. Include a handy search feature. Be sure it works to deliver accurate / relevant results. Monitor search queries to ensure you use popular terms to target other potential customers.
Make sure it takes as few clicks as possible to complete a purchase. If visitors do leave, you can use remarketing to target those people who do abandon your checkout.
Carry out regular analytics by closely monitoring user behaviour and navigation paths on your site, and use the results of such analytics to constantly improve the purchase process.
9. Is your site optimised for tablets and mobile?
10. Consider using PPC advertising for your ecommerce site and set up ecommerce conversion tracking. You can incorporate lead generation conversions to ensure your keywords are working if there is a gap between people who are searching and then purchasing.
11. Be sure landing pages from any campaigns are relevant, compelling and match whatever offer that was promised from the advertising copy or link.
Follow some of the tips above to increase your online sales and share your experiences with us.
At Webresults.ie we identify the best digital marketing strategy for your business, in order to achieve maximum results.
If you would like to grow your business through the web in 2014 contact WebResults.ie now for a Free audit of your website. We will identify any weaknesses that exist and offer some pointers on how you can drive your business to its full potential on the web.
To read the full article, visit Back to School With Your PPC Campaign.