Want to get your company in front of potential customers? A key approach to this is to give them information that interests them, but how will we know that? Today we are going to discuss 5 ways to help you determine the type of content your customers are looking for. This will help you improve your content and attract your target market.
- Just Ask! – Often businesses assume that they know what their online community wants to hear from them.Why not check it by asking them directly. You may learn something that might surprise you. Create a survey with a list of topics that you think will be of interest to them and analyse the feedback. Your survey can be promoted on your site, newsletter and social networks.
- Check your Blog – Analyzing which blog comments are the most popular, get the highest amount of click throughs and comments can help you establish key areas of interest. Writing more content on these areas will appeal to your target audience.
- Ask Facebook Questions – The Facebook Questions feature makes it easy for you to ask questions to anyone in your online community. This allows you to receive direct feedback. Keeping questions simple by providing multiple choice answers or one word responses encourages people to provide feedback.
- Check Newsletter Click Throughs – If your business has an email newsletter, this is another great resource for getting insight into what people really want regarding content and information. Most email service including Constant Contact and MailChimp allow you to track the clicks from your newsletter to your site and blog.
- Check your retweets – When your Twitter community likes the information in that you tweet, they retweet it to their communities. Check for your most-loved tweets and focus on providing more content on these topics.